How to Get Ready for the Season
It’s winter time and that means we are in full swing at our dance studio despite the holiday break. We are gearing up for the jam packed Spring semester – new faces, new songs, new costumes – and of course – new routines.
Hopefully by now – dance is as much a part of your life as it ours but we just wanted to make sure you’re ready and prepared because things will get very busy very fast.
Here are a few tips to get you ready and into the swing of things for this new dance season.
- Mark your calendars! The last thing you want to find out is that you showed up to a wrong class time. Schedule in class day and times along with any performance dates that are sent out. Schedules can be jam packed as many performances are back to back. Don’t forget to mark your calendar for our annual show in May! We already have dates for our recital lined up so make sure to get your tickets for your family and friends in advance.
- Pack up your dance bag. Get your dance bag ready with extra accessories. Bobby pins, safety pins, makeup, hair ties. You know you or a friend will need that extra nail glue right before you get on stage. You can purchase customized ZPA duffel bags here.
- Invite a friend. Dance is fun but dancing with your friends is even better. Did you know that we have an awesome referral program? When you bring in who ends up registering, you AND your friend get 50% off the next month’s tuition. It’s definitely a win- win. Share what you love to do with your friends.
- Block out practice time. All of our classes build on each other. Hence, it is important to stay on top of your routines so you can be at the top of your game on stage. Block out an hour every day during the week to practice so you’re prepared to review and learn even more the following class!
- Talk to your teacher. Your teacher won’t know what you’re struggling with unless you tell her. She’ll be able to help you even more than she does if you let her in on what areas you want specific help with. Never hesitate to ask for help – your instructor is there to support you.
One last tip to get you ready for this season is to have FUN! We love seeing our students learn and get better but even through all the teaching, practice, performances and behind the scenes efforts – we want you to have fun. Love what you do and enjoy your journey this year!