Things to do during quarantine
Coronavirus has turned our world upside down. Schools are closed, people are working from home, and the quarantine is just beginning. Fortunately for us, dance will never be “closed” or “suspended” so we are ONLINE (and they have been such a blast!).
This time period is hectic, crazy, and anxiety-inducing, all rolled into one. So, we’ve come up with some ways to relax, have fun, and make the most out of this little thing we call life.
- Dance it out. You already know this is going to be our first go to on our list. Gyms and studios are closed, but you can STILL have fun! Visit our online studio ZIND NATION where you can get access to simple and easy routines to popular Bollywood songs! Practice your dance routines or even dance it out to some bollywood songs. You can also join our FREE ONLINE workshop this Saturday March 28th from 1200 -130 pm through google hangouts here
- Bollywood Catch Up. We are a Bollywood dance studio but I can’t remember the last time I sat down to watch a Bollywood movie! Do you? Netflix and Amazon are full to the brim with Bollywood delights, old and new. Here are some of our favorites: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Hera Pheri, and 3 idiots.
- Read. Sports are suspended, you’ve watched every rerun of Friends – now what? Getting back to the good ol’ days of paperbacks. It’s hard to dedicate time to reading these days. Now, I have some time to cross off some books on my list. My next read is Shoe Dog, the story of how the shoe company, Nike, came to be. If you’re not a book fan – there’s always audible and audiobooks!
- Revisit the Bucket List. With this quarantine – we are forced to slow down. As life has mellowed it’s pace, there is finally more time to be introspective. Bring out that list of things you were so determined to do. What did you do? What’s left? Use this time to reflect and think about future goals and dreams.
- Round Table Games. Remember the days when not every game required a screen? Let’s go back to those. I’m talking about Uno, Monopoly, Code Names, Scrabble etc. You don’t have to be bored looking out the window or binge watching netflix during this quarantine. Get back to just being present and in the moment! Keep your mind stimulated and in action so you are ready to get back into gear when this lockdown is lifted!
- Goals. This quarantine means less time spent on the road, less time spent in classrooms, or even less time spent socializing. Take advantage of this time. Have you always wanted to write a short story? Start writing now. Have you always wanted to choreograph your own dance? Get grooving. What have you always wanted to do but haven’t done it yet? Why not now?
I know times are tough, we can either react or respond. We can spend hours watching the news and all the anxiety it brings. Or we can find new ways to occupy our time, be with our families, learn a new skill, and do something different.
And most importantly, stay safe.